Let me tell you the story of who we are.
We are three girls that came from different parts of the world and joined forces when we met. Joined forces? Yes. We became best friends almost immediately. We share our interests and our some of our passions, but most importantly, we share similar dreams. That’s why we decided to create our own space in the world wide web and call it The Dreams Factory. Because it is what we do: we dream, we share our dreams, and we are working towards making our dreams come true.
- Let me start with Julie. She is an american-born blonde with brazilian parents. Sounds exotic right? What’s even more exotic is that she has lived in Argentina for most of her life. (By the way, if you were wondering, Argentina is where we met). She is currently living in the United States (she goes to college in Georgia) and studying International Relations. She’s a very smart blonde. She also has a killer style and very good taste. She likes designing clothes, spending time with her sister, her British boyfriend Greg, her puppies, and, of course, hanging out with us. I want to make some emphasis on the fact that she likes designing clothes. I mean it! Every week she sends me (you’ll see who I am in a minute) pictures of the beautiful skirts, shirts, and shorts she makes. I always tell her one day we will start her fashion line. And this is something we have in common: WE TOTALLY LOVE ALL THINGS FASHION. Our favorite activity is reading Teen Vogue together and looking at cool blogs.
- Then, there’s Jazmin (we call her Jachu). She was born and raised in Argentina, so we often ask her about the Argentine slang. She has a huge family and a lot of friends and she has lived in the same house all her life! Isn’t that cool? Jachu works as a preschool teacher (most adorable job in the world) and everytime I see her, she shows me pictures of her cute 2-year-old students. Let me tell you: she is blonde too, and she has long, thick, straight hair (the kind of hair you would see on Tumblr pictures) and it basically defines her. She is her hair. Also she is very scared that someone will cut it off. Think of the Tangled movie. Jachu has 3 sisters and 1 brother. One of her sisters lives in New York so she often travels to NY. Lucky girl! We share our love for Mac&Cheese and looking at Pinterest and watching Gossip Girl/Mean Girls (well, this is something we all do.)
- Now me. My name is Adriana and I’m the writer. I was born in Venezuela but moved to Buenos Aires a few years ago and met these wonderful ladies. Unlike my friends, I’m not blonde. As a matter of fact, I dyed my hair dark brown a couple years ago but now it faded and it’s gone back to its original color, kind of brownish-blondish-reddish. I want you to know that I talk about our hair because it is a common topic when we get together. No big deal. Just to let you know who we are. Anyway, I am studying Journalism here in Argentina and I absolutely love everything about it! I love writing. And music, and chocolate, and photography, and life in general. And I just realized it’s really hard to write about yourself. From my previous paragraphs, you might have noticed that I mentioned my love for Teen Vogue, fashion, Mac&Cheese, and NY. Yeah. I guess the rest you will have to figure out on your own. By visiting our blog, of course.
I think it’s important that we mention some people who might possibly be our collaborators. The Dreams Factory was Julie’s, Jachu’s and Adri’s idea, but there are more girls in our close circle that are possibly going to appear here eventually.
- Sofia. She is the fourth member of the Sisterhood (as we call it) and she is living in Missouri. I think it’s Missouri anyway. She is very artsy and philosophical so she might have something to say on here.
- Louise. She is Julie’s little sister. She’s always with us. So I assume I’d introduce her so you know who she is. She’ll probably work as a model for Julie’s designs, even if you don’t see her face.
- Olivia. She used to be part of our group of friends but she moved to the States and we haven’t seen each other in a while. Except for Julie. Olivia is an amazing artist and photographer and she said she would like to collaborate.
And this is our team! We are happy to introduce them and we are happy to finally be launching The Dreams Factory, we’ve been talking about it for a while.
We hope you enjoy our blog and feel free to comment.